-Spotfest North West 09th April 2016 @ Thompson House Equestrian Centre - RESULTS are in!
- Performance Awards 2015 - Results are now in. See News & Results
- Please see our new 'Shop' page for details on the BSpPS 2016 Calender, Merete Norrings Glass Magnets and the BSpPS Grand Draw
- Our first Spotfest South West Show took place on the 03rd October 2015. Follow link for Full results.
- Newsflash - As of the 12/06/15 the Spotted Pony Breed Society (Great Britain) was no longer authorised to issue or update passports. Any passports issued by this organisation before 12/06/15 remain valid. Owners of horses with these passports may approach any UK Passport Issuing Organisation to have them updated. Just to clarify, the British Spotted Pony Society is still up and running. The SPBS (GB) has been closed down.
The British Spotted Pony Society evolved when the horse and pony elements of the British Spotted Horse & Pony Society went their separate ways in 1977. The British Spotted Pony Society holds the mother studbook for the British Spotted Pony breed and has full DEFRA recognition.
The Society's aim is to encourage the breeding of quality spotted ponies and to foster interest in and promote the breed.
There are 3 distinct types of ponies; miniatures - 42 inches and under (107cm), riding ponies and cobs upto 14.2hh. Spotted coat patterns are diverse. See Breed Characteristics for more information.
The British Spotted Pony Society have an annual show in July at the Three Counties Show Ground, Malvern. The show ground has stunning views and great facilities. Perfect for our prestigous yet very friendly show. There are a large number of classes, something for everyone! There are a number of other shows that hold classes for British Spotted Ponies, some of which we are affiliated to and highest placed members receive a Society Rossette. See Affiliated Shows for full list.
Whether you have one Spotted Pony, hundreds or even just like the look of them there is something for everyone with the BSpPS. Become a member and you will receive regular newsletters filled with information, interesting spot related articles and sales and stallion listings. You can also adverise for FREE on our website.
Ponies from the Halstock stud seen grazing amongst the Bluebells on Dartmoor.
Copyright 2015-2016 All Rights Reserved
The British Spotted Pony Society is a private company no: 3507553, limited by guarantee, registered in England.
Charity No: 1069437. Registered Office: Heiffers Farm, Rackenford, Tiverton, Devon, EX16 8RW.
* Spotfest South West 17th September * - Full Results
Results are now in for the 40th Anniversary National Breed Show and Spotfest West Midlands 16/17th July at The Three Counties Showground. Follow Links below:
SPOTFEST NORTH WEST 08th April 2017 at Thompson House Equestrian Centre - RESULTS
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
Spotfest West Midlands - 15th July 2017 at The Three Counties Showground
BSpPS National Breed Show - 16th July 2017 at The Three Counties Showground